Occasionally, I feel the need to change up my usual process. I definitely need much more practice with this medium, but watercolor is something I’ve always enjoyed and would like to make more time for. For this experimental piece, I tried to push the colors further than I had before. I used to accept the initial transparency of watercolor and was timid about building up saturation. I cleaned it up, played with the colors and added some details in Photoshop. I’ve been drawing this character since 2015, I think her name might be Fern. I figure out a little more about her every time I draw her. You can find her in a few pieces in my portfolio!