I finally finished my Coastal Alphabet! This was something like an in-between project for when I was generating ideas for larger images, because it was simple and straightforward and allowed me to practice drawing animals and compositional skills. It also gave me a chance to show my work with text, something I don’t focus on enough really. I’m not much of a typographer but I wanted to keep the traditional feel for it to flow with my illustrations better. So rather than using computer generated text, I used rubber stamps to get the irregular, organic feel to the letters and then cleaned them up digitally. I’m really happy with how it looks, since I tend to dislike how my work looks with computer generated text.
Overall I’m really happy with how it turned out. I’m thinking of doing a woodland one next, but with how many projects I have going on at the moment it might have to wait for now!